How to Apply
Please note, no Intake is scheduled at this time. The website is updated on a regular basis, please return frequently for additional information.
It is critical that you read all of the content on this website and watch the video before contacting the JAC.
You are encouraged to take advantage of the information supplied on this website.
Read below and make sure to check out the rest of the How to Apply sections:
Process and Timelines
Frequently Asked Questions
The purpose of the JAC is to recruit, assess, select, counsel and educate electrical apprentices within the Greater Toronto Area.
Our hiring practice is based solely on labour demand and is not on a regular or annual basis. When there is labour demand, the JAC is informed by the Local Joint Conference Board (LJCB) that there is a need for additional workers and how many we need to accept into the Program. The process then begins with notification on this site that there will be an Intake of new Pre-apprentices on a specific date at a specific location. There is no set time of year, or whether it will occur yearly, as it is based upon labour demand within our jurisdiction.
Before you consider applying, you first need to determine if this is the career for you. Do your own research on this website, and review the content on the links provided for you on this website.
- Find out what the actual job entails
- Find out what Construction Electricians do when they are on the jobsite
- Investigate the Essential Skills required to be a Construction Electrician
Now that you have made an educated decision to commence your electrical career, in order to be able to apply for a future Intake at the JAC you must ensure you meet the following requirements:
1. Possess an Ontario High School Diploma or a Comprehensive Report from I.C.A.S. if educated outside the province of Ontario.
2. Possess an Official Ontario High School transcript (or Comprehensive Report from I.C.A.S.) to show successful completion of one (1) course from each of the following subject areas:
3. Prepare a typed resume with 3 references and a cover letter outlining why you wish to apply for a position in J.A.C Electrical Pre-apprenticeship Program.
Once an Intake has been posted on this website we will follow the process and timelines outlined in the Process and Timelines section of our website. The whole process from completing an application to selection of the successful candidates could take up to 12 weeks depending upon the number of applicants. After each stage of the process the applicant will be contacted via email with additional instructions for the next stage, or will be informed that they are not proceeding further into the application process.