How to Apply
Prior to applying to the program, it is crucial that you read all of the content on this website before contacting the Electrical Apprentice Training Alliance (The Alliance).
Starting this year, the Alliance has moved forward with an open Intake process. This means that you will be able to apply for the program at any time. As mentioned, the Intake process is based on labour demand, therefore successful applicants will be placed into a pool and contacted based on industry needs for new workers.
Before you consider applying, you first need to determine if this is the career for you. Please make sure to do your research. A career as a 309A Construction & Maintenance Electrician is extremely demanding but is also very rewarding and it is important that you know what the job entails. We suggest you do your homework:
- Review and understand all of the information provided on our website.
- Research what the job entails (Are you afraid of heights? A considerable amount of time is spent working at heights!)
- Research what 309A Construction & Maintenance Electricians do when they are on a jobsite.
- Investigate the Essential Skills required to be a 309A Construction & Maintenance Electrician. Check out these links:
- Prepare to write a Mechanical Aptitude Test (MAT). Check out these links*:
Now that you have made an educated decision to commence your electrical career, you will need to ensure that you have the following requirements in order to apply:
309A Construction & Maintenance Electrician Requirements
1. All applicants must be Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents in order to apply.
2. Possess an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or a Secondary School Comprehensive Assessment Report from the International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS), if educated outside the province of Ontario.
3. Possess an Official Ontario Secondary School transcript (or Secondary School Comprehensive Assessment Report from ICAS) to show successful completion of one (1) course from each of the following subject areas:
4. Prepare a typed resume to submit during the registration process.
5. You will also be required to provide three (3) references that are not a personal friend or related to you by blood or marriage. You need to ensure that your references know that you have given their name to the Alliance and that they are prepared to give you a positive evaluation.
Please note: The Intake process
can take up to 12-16 weeks, from completing the application to selection of
successful candidates. It depends on the number of applicants and industry
demand. After each stage of the process the applicant will be contacted via
email (please ensure you check your spam/junk folders) with additional
instructions for the next stage. If you are not successful at a particular
stage, we encourage you to re-apply after a period of time (3-6 months) and we
will share with you potential areas of improvement.
For more information on the Intake, please read the following pages: