Obtaining a New Work Order Post-Lay-Off
Under no circumstance should you show up at the Alliance Office unannounced, requesting a work order.
If you were laid off and require a new Work Order, you must complete the following steps before becoming eligible:
1. Ensure that all your log cards are signed, rated and up to date.
2. Have the company forward your total hours and last day of work to the Electrical Apprentice Training Alliance (The Alliance).
3. Contact your Counsellor and notify them of your lay off. Make sure they received the above mentioned information from your company.
4. Book an appointment with your Counsellor to come in to the office to sign a new Registered Training Agreement with accurately updated hours.
5. Be prepared to pay any outstanding invoices you might have with the Alliance, or return overdue Trade School Textbooks.
6. Contact the IBEW 353 to pick up a call.