Reflections On The Intake
Listed below are some short explanations of where applicants ran into trouble, or how they did not promote themselves or their application.
- Applicants did not read the material provided on the website. Some applicants did not meet the minimum education requirements as stipulated, in order to be able to apply.
- Applicants did not provide proper references. References must not be a personal friend or related by blood or marriage. An alarming number of references did not call us back after reminder calls and reminder emails. Ensure your references are aware that they will be contacted.
- Applicants did not complete the application themselves.
- Applicants did not provide proper email addresses. This is extremely important as this is how we contact you.
- Applicants failed to provide a detailed description explaining why they want to be a 309A Construction & Maintenance Electrician in the essay-portion of the application.
- Applicants are required to be fluent in the English language—this includes reading, speaking, and writing, as all of our courses and educational materials are in English.